Donnerstag, 4. April 2019

The Greatest Band In The Early 70's (Just For Me)

Bildergebnis für The Faces

The first concert ever I was able to watch was The Faces in Munich back in 1973 when some older friends allowed me to come with them. I don't remember very much of the venue but from this time on I was infected into music. When I first saw Rod Stewart hanging on the microphone and watching Ron Wood playing his wonderful blues guitar I wasn't able to explain how I felt. Since then Rod and The Faces accompanied me during the last decades and I always come back to them. A few days ago I found this footage in the internet and it transported the music the way I felt more than 40 years ago. It is still fun listening to the band playing their songs with a full enthusiasm and lost in their music. Look at them faces and you might get a feeling how good they were - especially Ronnie Lane, probably the most underrated member of this great band.


3 Kommentare:

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

Wow what a great band to see at your first concert Walter.
Downhill from there I would imagine!

The Swede hat gesagt…

What a terrific first gig. 'Cindy Incidentally' and 'You Can Make Me Dance, Sing or Anything' are probably my favourites by the band, along with Ronnie Lane's lovely 'Ooh La La'.
You should put an ICA together Walter.

Brian hat gesagt…

When George see this he's going to flip. Impressive first show.