Montag, 29. April 2019

Monday's Long Song

Bildergebnis für alex harvey musician

Glasgow born singer Alex Harvey was one of the most exciting live performer in the days of glam rock. I think I don't have to spent many words about him and the SAHB than that they were very different in sound and performing in these days. Based on rhythm and blues he created a very own way of heavy music. I found this footage a few weeks ago and it shows everything he was famous for. Intensive, exalted and raw.


4 Kommentare:

The Swede hat gesagt…

I saw SAHB the following year. What a phenomenal performer Alex was.

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

Swede - you saw SAHB?
Officially jealous!

The Swede hat gesagt…

Saw the band and met the great man after the show. Vambo Rools!

drew hat gesagt…

Alex Harvey was a good mate of a guy I knew at school's dad. Scott was a music journalist and the TV reviewer for the Daily Record, here for years. A very funny man who had an amazing record collection and a cupboard full of things he got sent to review which his son would liberate and sell to the likes of me.

Scott once told us matter of factly about the time he went drinking with Jimi Hendrix.

I love Framed