Mittwoch, 17. April 2019

Massive

Bildergebnis für massive attack

On Monday Drew offered us a fantastic remix of Massive Attack vs. Burial that inspired me to grab out a few records by the Bristol legends. Massive Attack was one of those bands that established Trip-Hop and the Bristol sound in the early 90's. The songs were stamped by a reduced rhythm, clear vocals and sometimes sharp guitars. I don't know why but the first record I grabbed out was No Protection, their 1995 dub remix of their second album in collaboration with Mad Professor. Still a great dub record after all these years and well worth to listen to.

Massive Attack vs. Mad Professor - Trinity Dub (Three) with Nicolette and Mad Professor

From their most successful album Mezzanine is the next song I almost forgot and was remembered when I listened to the record once again. It is not Teardrops or other songs from the charts. Inertia Creeps with it's Arabic influenced rhythm was always a favorite of mine and need to be featured on this small place in the internet.

Massive Attack - Inertia Creeps

1 Kommentar:

The Swede hat gesagt…

Two fantastic choices Walter. I haven't heard the dub album in years.