Samstag, 2. Januar 2021

Autumn Sweater

 


Happy new year all. Another year is ahead and this blog will continue even if I struggled sometimes because I thought I had no more ideas what to post. But there are so many songs to be featured and a lot of new releases will appear. So let's start with a band I really loved in the 90's. Yo La Tengo were an American independent band from Hoboken, New Jersey. What made YLT different from other bands of this era was on the one side their talent in songwriting and their taste for making great cover versions (mostly acoustic). The music press compared them as a new kind of Velvet Underground but for me they just played a kind of adult college rock with tempered guitars in a misty mood. This one is from their third album I Can Hear The Heart Beating As One from 1997 and probably their best. Great to hear them once again after years and a good start into the year. 

Yo La Tengo - Autumn Sweater


Keine Kommentare: