Donnerstag, 14. Mai 2020

Slow Death

Tales from the Leather Nun 1st Printing at Comixjoint.com

Last week I rediscovered a band I really didn't listen to for a very long time. The Leather Nun were formed in 1978 in Gothenburg, Sweden and played a Velvet Underground and Iggy Pop inspired industrial goth rock. I remember their song Slow Death was played almost to dead in many alternative discos in the early 80's. A febrile piece of music dominated by a gloomy and menacing bass, aggressive guitar licks and a morbid voice. After a long time this song hasn't lost any attraction to me.

The Leather Nun - Slow Death

They borrowed their name by an American underground comic and they liked to provoke their audience by being accompanied by strippers when they were on stage and showing adult movies as a part of their live appearance.  Only for a scandalizing moment are this kind of lyrics music acceptable and I am glad not everybody understood the meaning. The music by itself is great.

The Leather Nun - F.F.A.

1 Kommentar:

Echorich hat gesagt…

I got to see The Leather Nun once, opening in NYC for Echo And The Bunnymen on their 1988 tour. I wish I remember more. I remember their sound being very aggressive Goth and there being a hardcore group of fans upfront during their set.