Donnerstag, 7. Mai 2020

A New Love Song

IST IST - We've received the 12” vinyl copies of our debut ...

One of the latest hype you can find in music press is Ist Ist a band from Manchester. On various platforms their new album Architecture is highly recommended and I couldn't resist to give them a try. Listening to their songs for the first time I thought please not another band trying to reanimation of this sound because everyone knew where you were when you heard this sound the first time. Joy Division from the early days and Interpol decades later stamped their sound but listening to their songs for a second time I think they don't only copy this sound. It is more that they capture the spirit of days long gone by and make them a part of their own. It is true that we heard this sound many times in different versions but Ist Ist are far better than most others I've heard.


1 Kommentar:

TheRobster hat gesagt…

Only discovered Ist Ist myself this week. Agreed, very decent band, though I'm not so keen on this particular track.