Mittwoch, 20. Mai 2020

24 Hour Party People

iStreamGuide: 24 Hour Party People

Last weekend I watched 24 Hour Party People the comedy-drama biopic about the rise of Mancester's popular music scene especially Factory Records once again on television. I think I don't have to say much about Factory Records because a lot of was already said by Adam over the last years. What I can say is that it is always fun to watch Michael Winterbottom's movie because he convey the spirit of music from the first Sex Pistols concert into rave and DJ culture. And it is also a tribute to Tony Wilson without him this probably didn't happened the way it did. The development of this music was the road in music that I decided for me. There are so many bands and songs in this movie that makes me grab out my old records and listen to them once again with a smile on my face.












1 Kommentar:

JC hat gesagt…

I also watched this film a few weeks ago, for the first time in maybe ten years. Steve Coogan plays the part of Tony Wilson to perfection, as does Paddy Considine as Rob Gretton - and the tow of them alone make it a fine movie,

But yes, the music and the memories also help!