Montag, 25. März 2019

Scott Walker 1943 - 2019

Bildergebnis für scott walker

Just heard the news that Scott Walker died at the age of 76. The most of you might know him from the songs he made with the Walker Brothers,especially The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore. He was an artist that searched his whole life for the perfect song and a lot of his output doesn't fit to my taste. But I still like his first solo album with the English version of Belgian singer Jacques Brel that we had to translate in my early school days. His voice fits exactly to the songs of Brel and I still listen to them from time to time. The rest of his output is mostly too sophisticated to my taste and I often tried to get connection to it but still failed. But some songs are still worth to be listened from time to time.

Rest well Scott.



Keine Kommentare: