Sonntag, 23. August 2015

Life Is A Fear


These days I found a new song by The Editors from their upcoming new album. The Editors were put in the basket as another post-punk/post-New Wave band that tried to reanimate the genre almost 10 years ago. But I always liked their songs, especially the baritone of singer Tom Smith maybe because it reminds me sometimes to the inaccessible voice of Ian Curtis. Life Is A Fear is sudden not too deeply based in guitar sound and more dominated by a strictly keyboard rhythm added with some piano parts and dark guitars in the background.


2 Kommentare:

TheRobster hat gesagt…

Not so sure about this track, but the other new song they've put out, Marching Orders, is wonderful. It sounds more like the anthemic Editors of their second album. I've not taken to their direction since then, but I'm hoping the new album shows signs they are returning to form. Marching Orders is a great start.

Walter hat gesagt…

I thought a longer time if I should post this song or Marching Orders - which is the better one indeed. But I thought it would be nice to show that they are able to play in a different style. Anyway, looking forward to their upcoming record.

Have a nice Sunday.