Donnerstag, 10. August 2023

Where Where You

 

Cherry Red is the record label releasing fantastic


compilations since many years. Now they released Where Were You? Independent Music from Leeds 1978-1989 a compilation of Leeds based bands from the early punk/new wave era until the days shoegaze turned into the new next big thing. Many bands are well know on this three CD's but with less known songs; others are new to me. Anyway it is another opportunity to step back to these days. Listening to these songs many memories returns and made me grab out other records from this decade.

The Mekons - Where Were You

The Rose Of Avalanche - Goddess

The Sisters Of Mercy - Temple Of Love

Gang Of Four - Damaged Gods

Girls At Our Best - Getting Nowhere Fast

1 Kommentar:

Rol hat gesagt…

Leeds is the city where I work and I have a strange affection for it, so when I saw this collection coming up on the Cherry Red site, I had to add it to my list. Can't afford it yet, but it's definitely on my wishlist.