Dienstag, 15. August 2023

A Summer Album At The End Of Summer




Hollie Cook released last year Happy Hour, an album that I liked and was played often during last summer. A few weeks ago the daughter of Pistols drummer Paul Cook released a second dub version of an album by her. Happy Hours In Dub is a relaxed and smooth version of her last years record. She got a feeling how to refine her superb songs. Perfectly arranged with horns and great bass-lines and a bit of Western touch she made an album far above mainstream. I wish this would be released a few month earlier to take me through the summer time.

 

2 Kommentare:

Ernie Goggins hat gesagt…

Spooky! Last week I picked up a promo copy of this album for £1 in my local second-hand record shop but haven't got round to listening to it yet. Good to know it comes with the Walter stamp of approval.

jonder hat gesagt…

I was just listening to this album while driving home from work with the windows down. Big fan of everything Hollie Cook has done as a solo performer and as a guest on other artists' songs.