Sonntag, 6. August 2023

My Grandma Says We Have No Future

 


After weeks of absence, I am here again. I had a visit from Sri Lanka for two months and took this as an opportunity to change my leisure time behaviour and to distance myself from a constantly recurring circle of stereotypical processes and to spend more and different time with friends. During this time, I also largely gave up music and only partially ran my blog. The thought of mothballing it came up more than once, especially since little new and exciting music has reached me. But it is also the case that I still enjoy running this blog and will continue to do so and share old and new things with others. Professionally, I am in my last year and still have a lot to sort out before I can retire as planned in the middle of next year.

A band that has appeared here on these pages again and again in recent years is Cari Cari from Austria. They are one of my favourite bands from my neighbouring country. Rumour has it that they only formed to place a song in a Tarantino film. With many of their songs, this would be quite conceivable, because their mix of psychedelic rock, Americana and indie pop would look good in many of his films. Their second single from their last album shows once again that a good song often needs nothing more than a twangy guitar, an almost padded voice and a good melody.



3 Kommentare:

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

Cari Cari look worth checking out. I bet you are counting down the days until your retirement!

Rol hat gesagt…

I'm glad you decided to carry on, Walter. We've lost too many good bloggers over the past few years.

I second CC's comment about Cari Cari being worthy of further investigation.

Ernie Goggins hat gesagt…

Good to have you back Walter, although I imagine you were tempted just to stay in Sri Lanka