Sonntag, 7. Oktober 2018

The Killing Moon

Bildergebnis für echo and the bunnymen

Echo and the Bunnymen released a new album a few days ago. IanMcCulloch transformed Bunnymen classics and new songs with strings and more piano. He said about this I'm not doing this for anyone else. I'm doing it as it's important to me to make the songs better. I have to do it.' So far so good. If anyone doesn't know the originals and listen to this songs for the first time he might say wow. But I always have a problem listening to my favourite songs in different version. The new arrangement works well on The Cutter and other songs. But the greatest surprise was the new arrangement of The Killing Moon. McCulloch transformed it into a piano ballad attached with reluctant strings. His voice is not as fresh as in former times but fits to this version very well. Listening to this song another version of a great song creeps in my brain: Garry Jules covering Tears For Fears Mad World. We might find this version (that grows the more I listen to it) probably on a soundtrack for an arty movie.
B

1 Kommentar:

TheRobster hat gesagt…

Some of the new arrangements are very good, but I can't help but think there are several songs that sound so close to the originals that they shouldn't have bothered. The highlight for me is actually one of the new songs, The Somnambulist. That's a brilliant track.