Dienstag, 16. Oktober 2018

Queen Of The Silver Dollar

Bildergebnis für shel silverstein

I was out at the pub with my oldest friend last evening when we meet once a month having a great time talking about everything what happened to us during the last weeks. And as every time we fall back to music that we used to listen decades before. He is still a favourite to jazz-fusion and funk but we both have a covered fondness to country music. We could agree to Shel Silverstein's song he wrote and often was released by Dr. Hook. He wrote superb lyrics and poems that made him a place in musical history. It is not the music I listen to every time but every time I hear this song I feel save and warm to it.

Dr. Hook & the Medicine Show - Queen Of The Silver Dollar
Emmylou Harris - Queen Of The Silver Dollar



2 Kommentare:

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

Excellent stuff Walter
We need more Dr Hook!

Walter hat gesagt…

You're right Stevie. I will do my best.