Mittwoch, 17. Oktober 2018

Hong Kong Garden

Bildergebnis für hong kong garden single


I was not the one who bought singles in former times but when I visited my local record shop back in 1978 this single came appeared when I searched the newest incoming records. It was in these days when almost every week another great song was released but it was hard to get the singles at my hometown. Hong Kong Garden was one of these singles I bought without any listening to it - just because the cover fascinated me. Siouxsie Sioux and the Banshees was one of the hottest bands in 1978 and they still are one of those artists from the punk era that stood the test of time for me. I don't know how much I listened to this song but I still get goose bumps when I listen to it after all these years.

Siouxsie and the Banshees - Hong Kong Garden

A few weeks later they released their debut album The Scream a manifest in punk/pre-post punk. Learned a lot by Velvet Underground and obscure Krautrock they made one of the sounds of they year. This record is still a classic and worth to be played today.

Metal Postcard
Suburban Relapse

2 Kommentare:

The Swede hat gesagt…

I agree 100% Walter - an absolute classic.

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

Got a best of on my holiday travels to replace a previous one which I mislaid along the way.
It will feature shortly and I will probably include this as it is their best song