Dienstag, 14. März 2023

The Candle And The Flame

 


Most of you will know that Australian guitarist, singer and songwriter Robert Forster became famous as a forming member of The Go-Betweens, one of the superbest bands from the 80's that made a few albums that are still highlights which I come back regular. The Go-Betweens were history when Grant McLennan died in 2006. After this Forster made some albums that were also far above the average of songwriting tradition and I always was happy when he released a new album. Now he released The Candle And The Flame, a new album filled with songs for his wife Karin Bäumler who is married to him since more than 30 years. The close relationship of the couple was put to the test in 2021 when Bäumler was diagnosed with cancer. The songs on this album are filled with memories, hope and tragedy of the last decades of their life and many may call them simple but for me I seldom heard better songs about love and optimism during the last years.





2 Kommentare:

Rol hat gesagt…

I've kept meaning to comment on this one after reading it last week. I'd been listening to the Robert Forster album, but I didn't know the story behind it. After reading your post, Walter, my appreciation grew further. Thank you.

JC hat gesagt…

It's proving to be one of my favourite albums of the year thus far. And seeing him play live a few weeks back was a real thrill.