Freitag, 10. März 2023

Intrigue


 A few weeks ago Intrigue a compilation by Steven Wilson, known as the founder, songwriter, singer and vocalist of Porcupine Tree, named as Intrigue: Progressive Sounds in UK Alternative Music 1979 - 1989. I owned this box set just because a lot of songs from this decade were very familiar to me. Listening to those songs brought me back to glory days of new music I developed in these days and I am thinking about to start a little series based on the music I rediscovered during the last days.

This Heat - Health And Efficiency

This Heat was an experimental band formed in London in 1976 and filled as another punk band from the beginning. They only released two albums and an EP with the same title. Health and Efficiency is one of their highlights and shows what could be possible when your musical ideas has no limits. Their sound was seminal because they included different influences like krautrock, dub, noise and post punk into their unique sound. Still an underrated band that should have more acclaim to their works.

In Camera - Fatal Day

To be frankly In Camera is a band that I hadn't on the radar until I listened to them on the compilation. This London based post-punk band formed by Andrew Gray who became later a member of The Wolfgang Press, were heavenly inspired by PIL and Joy Division and sadly they were unable to release a full album. File as another underrated and forgotten band.

Have a great weekend people.

1 Kommentar:

Ernie Goggins hat gesagt…

Good to hear This Heat again. Thanks Walter