Sonntag, 19. März 2023

Another Band To Remember

 


By regularly listening to new and very old music, I find that I always forget classics that I have always wanted to hear again. I come back to them when I get an impulse to do so. That's how I felt when I read that Pedestrian Verse by Frightened Rabbit had been re-released. It's an album by Glasgow-based brothers Scott and Grant Hutchinson and was released 10 years ago. They already proved that Frightened Rabbit could write great songs with their previous album The Winter of Mixed dreams. Here they go one step further and add another dimension to their guitar-based indie sound. Scott Hutchison proves this directly in the opener Acts Of Man, which begins as a piano ballad in falsetto and ends in a drum loop. A song that Coldplay would kill for in its epic breadth. That Frightened Rabbit are nevertheless a group that can perform in a Glasgow pub at any time they prove with a highlight of this record with The Woodpile. Rediscovering such treasures is pure pleasure for me.

Frightened Rabbit - Act Of A Man

Frightened Rabbit - The Woodpile



1 Kommentar:

JC hat gesagt…

My goodness.......I wasn't able to see all these posts back when you first put them up, but you were certainly on a roll this week!!!!!

Frightened Rabbit were a very special band, and indeed, as you say, very much as happy playing pubs and small venues as they were playing large concert halls. I was very very lucky to have been with them, as a fan, on the journey from obscurity to fame. I still miss Scott.