Dienstag, 11. Oktober 2022

Wot



It was back in 1982 when everything was possible and nothing was impossible. Ian Burns or better known with his stage name Captain Sensible, co-founder of The Damned and active from the start of the punk movement made a song that was played very often during these days. Wot is just a simple song with no message after all but this bass-line is still one of the best. Just a song that was planed for having fun and this is one reason why I come back to this one still after 40 years. And lyrics that only makes me smile.

Once a lifetime, twice a day
If you don′t work you get no pay.
I been to the east, I been to the west,
But the girls I like best are the ones undressed.
Well, hello Adam, where you been?
I said a′stand aside 'cause I′m feelin' mean,
I′ve had a gutful of you and I'm feelin′ bad
'Cause you're an ugly old pirate and ain′t I glad.


4 Kommentare:

Khayem hat gesagt…

Wot is a regular staple of the pop playlist for Clan K family outings, Walter. I always think of it as the cheeky cousin of Ian Dury & The Blockheads' Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick. Thanks for sharing!

Rigid Digit hat gesagt…

Including a video featuring lookalikes of John Cleese, Adam Ant, The Queen, and Margaret Thatcher. Plus (breifly) the real, actual Hugh Lloyd

The Swede hat gesagt…

I can only echo the statements made by the esteemed previous commenters. Great fun!

Rol hat gesagt…

Yes. Not heard this in ages, but I need to add it to a compilation very soon...