Freitag, 21. Oktober 2022

Live Music On German TV



It was a couple of days ago when I searched on YouTube for something else when I found a live appearance by Julian Cope from October 1987. As mentioned in former post it was a format for young people in public broadcasting where they talked about themes who were the focus for us at the time. Every time after the discussions there were live appearances by mostly unknown bands. In these days it was a compulsory programme for me and my mates to perceive the ability to watch great music on television. Julian Cope played in this few minutes songs from Saint Julian an album that made him popular at my place. Still songs that are great and different to his releases during the last years. 


 

2 Kommentare:

Khayem hat gesagt…

This is an excellent find, Walter, with happy memories for me as I first saw Julian Cope live in concert during the Saint Julian tour.

In a lovely example of blog synchronicity, I've posted a Dubhed selection on my blog to celebrate the Arch Drude's 65th birthday today.

JC hat gesagt…

Thanks for this, Walter. Julian was in great form at this point in time. I remember him doing a similar type of performance for 'The Tube' on Channel 4 here in the UK.

The scary thing for me is that the footage is from 35 years ago. Where has the time gone?