Donnerstag, 11. Juli 2019

New Old Sound

Bildergebnis für b52s

This month 40 years ago I came to local record store and searched the new entries and a record came to my attraction. A cover radiant yellow with artists that could have appeared in a 60's B-movie made me want to listen to what is behind this retro style. I had no idea what will come out of the loudspeakers but what I heard grabbed me from deep inside. There was a band named after bomber from WWII and I have to admit that I was very confused at this time. How was it possible that a so called new wave band can make a retro sound that exactly fit to the late 70's. This fusion of surf, pop, punk, white funk and a fabulous Rickenbacker sound made for me the sound of the summer of 79. Their first album was one of the only I bought several times because the original was played too much at my place.



2 Kommentare:

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

Totally unique and totally brilliant

The Swede hat gesagt…

Some friends saw The B52's in London recently and said that they're still great on stage.