Sonntag, 21. Juli 2019

History Repeats

Bildergebnis für brittany howard

A few days ago a new song had excited my attention. History Repeats by Brittany Howard is the first track from her forthcoming album Jaime. The first time I listened to it I asked myself is it an old song or just a new retro sound? Other investigations proved than result that it really concerns a new song. Howard is the front woman of Alabama Shakes, a band I knew that their sound oscillates between Southern Rock and Blues. The more I was surprised that this song has nothing to do with this stuff. The drums are loud and fast and the guitar is playing nonchalant their funky licks. She made a sound that reminds me on early LA-music and good old soulful Nashville sound brewed together to a well worth to listen sound that fits perfectly to a start into Sunday morning.

Keine Kommentare: