Samstag, 13. Juli 2019

Midnight Sun

Bildergebnis für calexico iron and wine

I went yesterday for a concert of a local band whose singer is a friend of mine because I promised to watch the band the next time they play around my town. They were part of a city festival and I have to admit that they did a good job for an amateur band. The mixture of hard rock and fun punk like Tote Hosen isn't really my cup of tea but I respect their work of using only own songs with sometimes great lyrics. Sadly there was less audience because after 10 minutes of the gig it started to rain heavenly. When I came home totally wet and cold I tried to relax with a different kind of music and grabbed out the latest collaboration between Calexico and Iron & Wine. Years To Burn is not another album of Americana or folk. Of course the songs are built on the desert sound of Calexico but the songs and the arrangements are deeper and different to the usual sound because they tried to integrate improvisations and great harmonies into their sound. It is not a record you should listen to alongside because there is so much beauty in their songs.

Keine Kommentare: