Sonntag, 25. September 2016

33 God

Bildergebnis für bon iver

Today I woke up in an unusually manner early after a long and healthy sleep. So I got up, made me a good cup of coffee and went out on my balcony to watch the morning sunrise knowing that this is probably the last sunny day before autumn will come changing the leaves into beautiful colours. While I was sitting there the radio played the newest song by Bon Iver and I  thought it is the right one to post it on Sunday. If you don't know Bon Iver is the band project by American folk-singer/songwriter Justin Vernon. When he started back in 2007 he released a very intimate record recorded in a cabin in the forest. In the following steps of his career he added soul and R'n'B to his sound to get well known for a lot of people. For the newest evolution of his sound he used some electronic elements in his sound. For me a very good mix of electronic, pop, country and gospel but all this ingredients are just to assist the modulation of his voice.



2 Kommentare:

The Swede hat gesagt…

I'm really enjoying every track I hear from Bon Iver's new album. Enjoy your coffee and have a good Sunday Walter.

TheRobster hat gesagt…

Not sure what to make of the new album. It's been dubbed the most pretentious album of all time and it does often sound like his head is up somewhere it shouldn't be. Yet in places, I quite enjoy it. In other places it annoys me greatly.