Dienstag, 27. September 2016

Old Vine In New Bottles

Bildergebnis für johnny cash hurt

One of those musicians that recorded covers galore is the country icon Johnny Cash. A lot of them are better than the originals or minimum interpreted in a very unique sound only he could do. Hurt was recorded after his wife June Carter died and shortly before left for heaven. From all of his cover versions I like this song best. He sings Trent Reznor's song by Nine Inch Nails in his very own style with his dark baritone over a wispy acoustic guitar and some piano chords. I hurt myself today / to see if I still feel and What have I become my dearest friend? / Everyone I know goes away in the end are some kind of legacy or suicide notes. Somber, dark and for eternity.







2 Kommentare:

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

The best music video of all time

The Swede hat gesagt…

I've never thought about it that way before, but Charity Chic might well have a point.