Samstag, 3. September 2016

Going Going ...

Bildergebnis für wedding present george best

... is the title of the new album by Wedding Present (a band that had probably the best name/cover for their first album) that will be released soon. I didn't knew that they still exist as a band because I didn't heard from them during the past years. Moving in the jungle of YouTube I got aware to this clip from a band I loved in the days of post punk and New Wave. This song contains everything what Wedding Present stood for: melodic songs with ferocious guitars and feedback.


Another track I found is a 10 minute journey through jangly guitars and massive feedback broken by David Gedge singing. Sometimes it is very good that things don't change. Going to get me this record.


3 Kommentare:

TheRobster hat gesagt…

This is a difficult album to get into as it is unlike anything Gedge has ever done before. I'm going to see them next week and it's a sit-down show! They're going to play the entire album (all 20 songs of it) start to finish and show films for each track!

I'll be listening to the record a few times over the weekend in an attempt to familiarise myself with the songs.

TheRobster hat gesagt…

I forgot to mention - there's a little lyrical reference to a song from 'George Best' in Santa Monica. A nice touch.

drew hat gesagt…

It is a very good album, up there with Take Fountan for me. The first four songs are instrumental, track 3 Sprague is quite lovely and the last two are perfect Wedding Present