Donnerstag, 6. April 2023

Radio Birdman

 


From time to time I go back in musical history to sound I used to listen to almost 50 years ago. It was the time when new and fresh sounds came to my ears and my local record dealer recommended a new band to me. Radio Birdman were an Australian rock band formed in 1974 in Sydney and later filed under punk-rock. For me it was in these days nothing more or less than classic rock songs played very fast. But this was exactly what I needed in these days. Listening to their songs today sentimental memories from these days come to my mind and I think Radio Birdman are the link between rock 'n' roll and the new kind of music that became famous in the next decade. Their legacy that they brought a kind of aggressive sound into the Australian music scene.

Radio Birdman - Murder City Nights

Radio Birdman - Aloha Steve & Danno

Keine Kommentare: