Montag, 24. April 2023

Monday's Long Song

 


You might know that the gathering with JC and Dirk had to be cancelled due to the strike on public traffic last Friday. But I decided to go there because my hotel was booked and I had the time to spent a few days in these cities again after long years. I enjoyed exploring Düsseldorf again and following the comments over at JC's place and went to Rainking Records probably the best record store there and found some gems I was looking for since a long time. At this store I got aware that Deep Purple released their live album Made In Japan exactly 50 years ago and I took this as an occasion to listen to this record at my place after ages. Deep Purple were the kings of hard rock at my very young days and played at every party I was in my teen years and I grew up with their sound until punk and new wave appeared. To be honest their songs were somewhere over arranged and Jon Lord's synthesizers are often too much but they are still the link between blues inspired rock and the upcoming heavy metal scene. And Lazy is still a song you can listen after all these years because it has everything they are famous for.

Deep Purple - Lazy

3 Kommentare:

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

It is a shame that your catch up with Dirk and JC didn't happen Walter but glad you enjoyed your break

Ernie Goggins hat gesagt…

Hope the get together happens soon, but glad you made it to Rainking. I could have happily spent the whole day in their back room.

JC hat gesagt…

It's now been more than a week since we should have met up, and I'm still feeling down about it all.

I've been able to get a full refund on the flights and hotel - all that was lost was the money paid for the football tickets - and hopefully I can find time to reschedule a trip later in the year.