Freitag, 10. Februar 2023

Ya Mahla

 


These days a new album arrived from Acid Arab, a Parisian duo by Guido Minisky and Hervé Carvallo that made a record a few years ago that was played often at my place. Jdid is a record that combines dancefloor/hypnotic beats with influences of primary music of Algeria, Tunisia, Syria and Turkey. To be honest, their new songs don't grab me like the ones a couple of years ago. But I think I should listen to their music because they offer me a new spectrum of sounds that are possible to be combined in the way we consumed music during the last decades. And I am not thinking about the possibilities north African musicians have to be listened by us.

Staifia is one of the songs I really enjoyed from their first album and explains why you should give them a listen.

Acid Arab - Staifia

Keine Kommentare: