Donnerstag, 23. Februar 2023

Looking For Lewis And Clarke

 


Thank God that the foolish times and the carnival season are over now. I know that in the Cologne and Düsseldorf area this time is considered one of the highlights of the year. In my city, too, they have been trying to do the same for decades in a considerably slimmed-down version. For me, it was a time when I met up with few friends and kept away from all the hustle and bustle and the prescribed merriment. So it was all the nicer when I was able to meet up with some friends for a beer again yesterday without having to comply with all the conventions. So I had time enough after work to grab out some music I didn't listen for a very long time. This is the reason why I came back to The Long Ryders, an American band that was active between 1982 until 1987. They released three albums at this time and I own only their 1985 release State Of Our Union and I think this record shows everything good of this band. A perfect fusion of Byrds inspired country including and the sound of British pub-rock from the early 70's. Great guitars and songs with hooks were their trademark and it is always a pleasure to come back to them from time to time.

The Long Ryders - State Of My Union

The Long Ryders - Looking For Lewis And Clarke

Keine Kommentare: