Sonntag, 5. Februar 2023

Surf Rock Never Die

 


Sometimes I wonder in which corner of the world there are no musicians who have a deep love for surf-rock and psychedelic, form a band and release a record. This thought crossed my mind when I heard the debut Skeleton Ranch by Los Palms, an Australian band from Adelaide who musically venture into the 1960s in California and Texas. On their debut album we get surf, western and classic sixties psych of the unexciting kind. All played very true to style with their own touch. A lot of reverb and a bit of fuzz, always more committed passages as well.  What more could you expect from a psych record.


1 Kommentar:

Khayem hat gesagt…

I think you'd have to go deep into the Amazon to find musicians oblivious to the appeal of surf-rock and psychedelic music, Walter.

A good find, I like it.