Sonntag, 23. Januar 2022



Found this little new indie-pop gem a few days ago while I was searching for something else in the internet. I have to admit that King Princess was a new name to me and not heard about her before. King Princess is the stage name of Mikaela Straus a New York based musician and singer-songwriter and she was the great-grandchild of Isidor and Ida Straus, two German based businessmen who died in 1912 on the Titanic. This part of her history is just an anecdote of her personal history but what is important is that she could write great songs like Little Brother maybe one of best songs written about a lost love. A nice way to start into Sunday morning. 

I guess
I'm screwed from a past life
And that's why I lost you
But if I think of the timeline
You were exhausting
But we couldn't have said goodbye
Yeah it wasn't an option
While you're watching the paint dry
Remember you lost me

Do you feel like you should
Could have tried a little harder
Didn't make me feel good



 

Keine Kommentare: