Dienstag, 11. Januar 2022

Copperhead Road

 


During the last days I took a walk on CC's road and listened to some Americana/country I found on my external hard drive while I made an archival backup copy. I rediscovered an old copy of Steve Earle's 1988 album Copperhead Road and enjoyed to listen to it again after all these years. This song might be the best known by him but it has everything what made him famous: a mixture of three-chord rhythm with a shot of rockabilly and critical lyrics to what happened when this album was released. Earl is one of those artist in this genre who is able to write short stories like Johnny Cash in former times.

Steve Earle - Copperhead Road

Steve Earle - The Devil's Right Hand

3 Kommentare:

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

Excellent stuff Walter!

JC hat gesagt…

Copperhead Road is the only Steve Earle tune I know!!!

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

I'll maybe do an ICA!