Montag, 12. November 2018

Monday's Long Song

Bildergebnis für isaac hayes

Today's song is a landmark in soul music. Isaak Hayes released his second album for Stax records in 1969 and  it surprised that there were only four songs on it. Walk On By on side one with it's 12 minute running wasn't usual in the late 60's and for soul songs at all. That Hayes could top it on side two less people could imagine. By The Time I Get To Phoenix runs more than 18 minutes and it still touches me when Isaak's deep voice telling me his very own view of relationship. For me his masterpiece.

Isaak Hayes - By The Times I Get To Phoenix

3 Kommentare:

The Swede hat gesagt…

Isaac, where this whole series started. Spellbinding stuff Walter.

George hat gesagt…

Best song I will hear today, Walter

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

Quality