Donnerstag, 15. November 2018

The Trinity Sessions

Bildergebnis für cowboy junkies

30 years ago Toronto based country rock band Cowboy Junkies released a masterpiece in new country rock The Trinity Sessions. Recorded in a Toronto church they made they recorded songs of their own and cover versions of folk, rock and country standards. This record hit me from the first time I listened to it. Margo Timmins whispered the lyrics in a way I've never heard before and after. And still, every time I listen to this songs it makes me shiver. As said, it is a classic and a favourite during the last decades.

Cowboy Junkies - I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
Cowboy Junkies - Misguided Angel
Cowboy Junkies - Sweet Jane

2 Kommentare:

TheRobster hat gesagt…

An absolutely wonderful record, one of my all-time faves. Misguided Angel is just incredibly powerul.

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

A classic