Montag, 5. November 2018

Monday's Long Song#

Bildergebnis für thousand foot whale claw

A few months ago Austin  based experimental collective Thousand Foot Whale Claw released their last album Black Hole Party. Bands that could named experimental are very seldom and hard to find. I think it is not popular or the basis for a big career if you don't write song that are compatible to radio stations. TFWC are more a band that is working on a sound than looking for charts. Their songs are seldom shorter than five minutes and you can't fix them on any theme. Sometimes they go the electronic alley and sometimes like in Genesis Effect the start with an acoustic guitar as a basis for electric guitar excursions. A band a record I often played at my house.

Thousand Foot Whale Claw - Genesis Effect

2 Kommentare:

The Swede hat gesagt…

My first tune of the day Walter - a very good place to start. I love the way it just drifts along unhurriedly. My kind of thing, that's for sure. Never heard of Thousand Foot Whale Claw before, but I see that there's a lot of music to sink my teeth into over at their Bandcamp page. Thanks for the intro.

drew hat gesagt…

This was on my list too Walter. No matter there are a few more that I can choose from at a later date.

Well worth checking out Swede.