Dienstag, 25. September 2018

Zorba The Greek

Bildergebnis für zorba the greek

A few days ago I watched Zorba the Greek once again after a long time. It is a classic movie that made it's honour by the discrepancy between British industrial capitalism and the easy going way of life. I still like how Anthony Quinn plays Zorba. He showed how to manage life even if it turns you down. Nothing else matters - life goes on and you often need more than to dance. Iggy Pop told us years later that it means just Lust For Life. Many people think that this dance is traditional Greek style but it was developed just for this film. Anyway, it shows me that whatever will happen, life goes on and take it the way it happens to you. And the soundtrack by Mikis Theodorakis is still something very special and fits well these days.


And a version by The Gypsy Kings:

1 Kommentar:

Brian hat gesagt…

Hey, Boss. One of my all-time favorite movies. Have seen it more times than I can count.