Donnerstag, 27. September 2018

Perfume

Bildergebnis für paris angels

It was in the late 80's/early 90's when I was infected by the new sound from Manchester. Before I seldom took the road to electronic music. Probably some kind of Cabaret Voltaire or something like that. So well I was able, I have pursued British independent charts and one day I saw that a new song was climbing the charts. It was Perfume by Paris Angels and at the days before internet and less abilities to get an English music magazine you had to go to your local record store and try to catch the record. It was impossible to get the single so I had to wait until the album was out. I listened  several times to Sundew but Perfume was on heavy rotation at this days. This band from greater Manchester was one of those that opened my ears for something new and fantastic. Inspired by acid house and many other Manchester bands they never got the recognition they should have.

Paris Angels - Perfume
Paris Angels - Perfume (Loved Up)

2 Kommentare:

Swiss Adam hat gesagt…

A great record Walter

Dirk hat gesagt…

Ha ha … I got the 12" without any problem upon release, Walter … still a much treasured item!