Donnerstag, 11. Januar 2018

Kill You

Bildergebnis für the kills

During the last days I listened a lot to the output by The Kills, a British-American indie-rock band. Formed by Alison Mosshart on vocals and Jamie Hince on guitar they released a lot of great albums during the last 15 years. I was always a huge fan of their stripped down, earthy blues rock songs. Of course it was nothing new but the way they played it was in a punk style I missed at the start of the century. Together with The White Stripes and The Strokes they went back to the roots of pure energetic Rock 'n' Roll. Pure fun to listen to this songs again.






4 Kommentare:

TheRobster hat gesagt…

Their first three albums were great. Not so sure about their more recent stuff - the last record took a long time to grow on me and even now it's my least favourite.

drew hat gesagt…

Unlike the Robster I love the recent output it was Midnight Boom that didn't do it for me.

Wait is one of my favourites but I think Baby Says is their best song.

The best two piece I have ever seen live.

Swiss Adam hat gesagt…

Baby Says is immense.

Anonym hat gesagt…

'Pure fun to listen to this songs again.'

That's very true.

JC