Sonntag, 14. Mai 2023

House Of All

 


After Mark E. Smith passed away three years ago I never expected another album by The Fall. But a few weeks ago Martin Bramah, The Fall's former part-time singer and guitarist released the self titled debut House Of All an album that shows how The Fall could sound like today. Together with other former members of The Fall he worked on a sound developed on the history of The Fall. On many songs you can hear references to various evolution eras of The Fall. So while The Fall are irreplaceable, this gang of former members are taking the lessons into the future that benefits from the past. If you listen to this song with these words in the back of your mind you will surely enjoy them.


4 Kommentare:

John Medd hat gesagt…

I like what I'm hearing, Walter. As you say, MES is irreplaceable but, as a homage, I can certainly get on board with this.

jonder hat gesagt…

I miss Mark E. Smith, but I'm very happy The House Of All got together. It's a great album.

middle aged man hat gesagt…

I'm not the greatest Fall fan, but thought it was worth a punt on Bandcamp Friday and its a really good album

JC hat gesagt…

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this album. Liking what I've heard so far.