Donnerstag, 8. September 2022

The Queen Is Dead

 


The news appeared right now that queen Elisabeth II died a few hours ago at the age of 96. She wasn't head of state but she was always present during my whole life. I don't have to judge if she did a good job or not but she always represent Britain for me - if only many people could agree with her. Who will be the next king, I don't know but anyway he will never get the respect and reference she got. Here are only some songs that came to my mind when I heard about her passing away.





 

1 Kommentar:

TheRobster hat gesagt…

Charles will be King, if he isn't already. Not that many of us care really. While I don't wish any of them any harm personally (except maybe the sex offender Andrew), the Royals are just an antiquated anachronism that live in absolute luxury and demand reverence and respect while millions of people in the country they reign over cannot even afford to buy food for their children or heat their homes.

Yet the crowds are out "in mourning". For me, the most fitting song is another Housemartins song - The People Who Grinned Themselves To Death.