Montag, 28. März 2022

Monday's Long Song

 


The recent days I found a file in the downs of my hard-drive that I've almost forgotten. It is a song by The Prefects, a punk band formed in 1976 in Birmingham by singer Robert Lloyd and brothers Alan and Paul Apperley on guitar and drums. They didn't released a record but got several appearances by John Peel and supported  The Clash and The Buzzcocks and played with The Slits, The Fall and many others. I don't know where I got this file from but it shows very well the spirit and the energy of early punk. It is a tour de force of guitar and drums over nine minutes and shows that punk could be more than two minute songs full of energy. A few years later Lloyd formed The Nightingales where he had more success with.

The Prefects - The Bristol Road Leads To Dachau 

1 Kommentar:

JC hat gesagt…

Not sure if you knew about this fantastic documentary about Robert Lloyd. It's well worth a watch.

https://kingrockerfilm.com/