Donnerstag, 17. März 2022

Live Adventures Of Past Times

 


When I look at other blogs, from time to time posts appear where the authors remember concerts that are long ago or have only recently taken place. I really enjoy what I can read and be a member of their memories and brings back memories from gigs I was part of. So it is an easy way to start a new little series about bands and concerts I had the pleasure to see.

In 1975 my parents allowed me to go for a concert with an older friend. We went to see Bachman-Turner-Overdrive in a bigger gym where usually local basketball teams used to play. In my younger days I wasn't aware that there was bands playing to support the main act. And this was the first time I saw Thin Lizzy in their original line-up. They impressed me much more than the main act because they had the power BTO never had. I remember that they played Suicide and The Rocker, two songs that would get one of their trademarks years later. These songs built the blueprint of hard rock and metal which got famous genres at my place when I moved myself to punk and new wave. And yes, Phil Lynott had a great physical presence on stage. Not in the way he had years later but I could see that he was the man behind this little great Irish band.

Thin Lizzy - Suicide

Thin Lizzy - The Rocker

Thin Lizzy - The Boys Are Back In Town

2 Kommentare:

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

Great minds Walter and we have chosen different songs too

JC hat gesagt…

You lucky man to have seen Thin Lizzy at the height of their powers! Wonderful stuff.