Freitag, 5. November 2021

Show Time

 


A few days ago I found in my vinyl collection Ry Cooder's live album Show Time from 1977 again. I have to admit that I always had an open ear for the music of his music. From his early days as a well known session musician over his first albums with eclectic song collections to his steps towards to world music and soundtracks he always made the songs he played on unique. This album was recorded in the period when he celebrated his Chicken Skin Music a melange of classic folk songs and new ones played with Mexican and Hawaiian musicians and it shows all the abilities a guitar player could have. Listening to these songs again he is one of the most influential and underrated guitar player ever and I will go on listening to his soundtracks and collaborations with Wim Wenders later.

Ry Cooder - Jesus On The Mainline

Ry Cooder - Viva Sequin / Do Re Me

Ry Cooder - How Can A Poor Man Stand Such Times And Live This

Keine Kommentare: