Mittwoch, 17. November 2021

I'll Save You Anyway

 


Höga Nord Records from Gothenburg, Sweden is one of those record labels that are fantastic for me releasing great electronic music - especially re-releases from bands I never heard before. The last one I found was Lovin Hell an EP originally released in 2016 by Vox Low a band from Paris. Their dark sound is somewhere between cold, minimal Cologne techno and post-punk guitars like JAMC did. One of the best findings this year  

 

 

Andrew Weatherall recognized their abilities much earlier and they were part of his Convenanza festival in 2015. Soon later Vox Low remixed his and Nina Walsh's The Last Walk. Also a beauty that didn't played too often.



I

2 Kommentare:

The Swede hat gesagt…

Höga Nord is a fascinating label. I couldn't say that everything that they put out is for me, but I'm always interested in hearing what they're up to. They have good quality control and a real passion for sharing new music.

Khayem hat gesagt…

Great selections, though unsurprisingly it's the remix of Andrew Weatherall that's the winner for me.