Mittwoch, 2. Dezember 2015

Upon The Recommendation Of Martin Again


Another band my brother that is worth to check out is Floating Points, the project of the Manchester based DJ Sam Shepard. He released his first full album a few months ago. It's not that kind of music you listen and say: Hey, that's fantastic. It's more a journey to Shepard's own created cosmos full of electronic sound. Harmonies are not the necessary thing in his sound. He gave it up for a new form of jazzy electronic music. For example Peroration Six that starts slowly and real drums lead us into his cosmos.



This is an older one from Floating Points and it is more bass-oriented jazz-influenced house track.
 

3 Kommentare:

Unknown hat gesagt…

Hi Walter, thanks for featuring my recommendations to you on your blog. In addition to your selection my absolute favourite Floating Points track is "Nuit Sonores". A 12 minute house track burner.
https://soundcloud.com/floatingpoints/nuits-sonores

The Swede hat gesagt…

I'm currently playing through albums that are turning up on end of year 'best of' lists, but with which I'm unfamiliar. By sheer coincidence I listened to 'Elaenia' just yesterday. It's an enjoyable album, though I'm surprised that it's caused quite such a stir.

Walter hat gesagt…

It is a pure pleasure if you can get involved in it, Swede