Montag, 14. Dezember 2015

This Year's List 9/15


Wolf Alice is a four-piece alternative rock band based in North London and transformed from a folk band to a grunge inspired band. Their first full length album My Love Is Cool is more than another alternative record. Wolf Alice combines more musical influences in their sound. It's a superb combination of distorted guitars, folk and electronic music. This record impressed me when I listened to it the first time (like many others this year), but I listened to it more this year then I thought. I think it is because they have a broad spectrum of music and their songs between aggressivity and melancholy.

Wolf Alice - Turn To Dust
Wolf Alice - Bros

1 Kommentar:

TheRobster hat gesagt…

Nice one. While it doesn't quite hang together as an album for me (too many ideas all bundled in together in one go), it is a more than worthy debut for a band who I predicted some time ago would be massive. Very good live too. MrsRobster and I have listened to this record lots this year and haven't grown tired of it.