Montag, 23. Januar 2023

Monday's Long Song

 


Another working week is over and the next one starts again. Of course, nothing has changed since my vacation. The desk is full of work to be done at short notice and one meeting chases the other. And for years I have again had the opportunity to experience a winter with a lot of snow and temperatures below zero. In this respect, everything runs its usual course and I can devote myself to musical excursions again in my time out of duty. I was struggling which song will be the next in this series and I found a song by The Grid on my hard drive that I didn't listen to for a very long time. Swamp Thing was released in 1994 by Richard Norris and David Ball aka The Grid. I liked this song not only because the unthinkable combination of techno and banjo that probably inspired Redneck for their Cotton Eye Joe. A song that still works after nearly 30 years.

The Grid - Swamp Thing

2 Kommentare:

The Swede hat gesagt…

Good grief Walter, I haven't heard this in many many years! Great photo by the way.

Khayem hat gesagt…

This should have been an irritating song but I loved it then and I love it now. I'd been a fan of The Grid prior to this so Swamp Thing felt like a natural progression from earlier single Texas Cowboys but Swamp Thing was the one that really launched them into commercial success in the UK. Good remixes on the single too, as I recall, I must dust it off for a replay. Thanks, Walter