Dienstag, 17. Januar 2023

Dead By Dinner


Is there anybody out there remembering Austin based musician and journalist Michael Hall? To be frankly I forgot his name and was remembered to him when a couple of friends and me sat together talking about forgotten bands from the Americana era. We agreed that we should name him and his band under the top three. In 2000 he released Death By Dinner his first album with The Woodpeckers a band formed with local Austin musicians. Sadly it is a record that didn't got the critical success that it should. Filled with blues-drenched guitars these songs they all have the spirit that was called Americana.

Michael Hall and The Woodpeckers - Heaven Too Far Away

Michael Hall and The Woodpeckers - Captain Captain

His first band were The Wild Seeds that is more inspired by post-punk and bands like The Fleshtones and Dream Syndicate.



4 Kommentare:

Ernie Goggins hat gesagt…

I remember him! I love the opening track to that album, "I can't believe you touched him" and "I wish I was a mole in the ground". Also fond of his 1992 album "Love Is Murder"

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

I have a few songs by him.Think he was on Blue Rose the great German Americana label.

JC hat gesagt…

By a complete coincidence...... this was published on TVV exactly three years ago today, 17 January 2020.

https://thenewvinylvillain.com/2020/01/17/an-imaginary-compilation-album-xxx-michael-hall/

jonder hat gesagt…

Michael Hall's band the Wild Seeds, live in DC:

https://jonderblog.blogspot.com/2020/12/the-unassailable-stinky-le-pew-caps-off.html