Sonntag, 22. Januar 2023

Another Hype Is Yet To Come

 


I am careful when on many musical sites a new band was featured as the next big thing or a new indie super band because most promises could often not be kept in any way. That was my first thought when I heard about boygenius a three piece female indie-band from California. To be honest I heard about their members Julien Baker, Phoebe Bridgers and Lucy Dacus but couldn't connect them with any song or genre. So I had many prejudices when I read about that they are going to release their first album and musical press call them the best female indie-band of these days. After listening to a few songs by them I have to say that boygenius are a band that is over the average of many bands of these genre and they are able to create songs like $20 with good guitars, a hooky melody and great vocals. It makes fun listening to them and makes you curious to dig deeper in their musical output. A very good band but not a super group at all.


 

1 Kommentar:

JC hat gesagt…

I've just given $20 a listen.....and your analysis of them being a good listen but not the saviours of indie rock'n'roll is bang on.